Biaxially-Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP) films have become a popular, high growth film on the world market because of a unique combination of properties such as better shrinkage, stiffness, transparency, sealability, twist retention and barrier.
BOPP film is used in a variety of applications including:
- flexible packaging
- pressure sensitive tape
- printing and lamination
- flower sleeves
- cable wrap and insulation
Borseal™ delivers a unique combination of properties
Borouge serves the BOPP market with a homopolymer product in combination with several Borseal™ skin resins. Based on a special molecular structure and stabilisation of the resin, these homopolymers provide optimal mechanical and optical properties, as well as excellent processability.
Borseal™ polymers offer several advantages to producers, packagers and other users of BOPP film. Its high clarity and low haze help producers of film or packagers to create glossy, high-transparency film that enhances the appearance of packaging or other products.
In addition, Borseal™ offers high seal strength, even at low sealing pressures and after surface treatment to keep out moisture and contaminants. The polymer also has a high melting point for easy processing combined with a low seal initiation temperature and a wide sealing window thanks to the balanced polymer structure.
Other benefits include:
- Easy stretchability enables fast and smooth processing on high speed FFS (Form, Fill & Sealing) or other machines
- Low tackiness and easy jaw release provide good runnability on packaging machines
- Low amorphous fraction resulting in low xylene extractables
- Low blooming of amorphous and low Mw (molecular weight) fractions and additives, giving stable surface properties
- Low migration for metallised film