The safe and optimal distribution of low voltage energy and telecommunication signals in houses, apartment blocks, public and commercial buildings, requires a specific cable jacket compound. Increasingly tough fire regulations demand a high safety performance from materials used to make building wires.
Low smoke zero halogen flame retardant
Our low smoke zero halogen (LSZH) Casico flame retardant compounds meet all key requirements of national and international standards for flame retardation. Casico compounds limit smoke generation, do not emit toxic or corrosive gases, and reduce secondary fire damage to equipment and installations.
Unique and high performance flame retardant system
Casico cable compounds meet all the requirements for LSZH flame retardant building cables, while offering outstanding performance characteristics:
- Cost effective insulations
- crosslinked Visico™/Ambicat™
- Cable downsizing potential up to 40%
- System compatible beddings
- Excellent extrudability
Apart from its unique performance capabilities, the Casico system compounds have many other advantages.
- Low smoke and no toxic or corrosive gas emissions
- Excellent processing characteristics
- Superb system ageing compatibility
- Great mechanical strength
- High water permeability barrier
- UV stabilised and suitable for colouring
- Processable on most PVC/PE extrusion equipment
Casico compounds allow for a downsizing of the materials necessary for a cable system. This way Casico helps reduce the environmental impact without compromising on cable system performance.
Casico flame retardant compounds are made of the same building blocks found in nature: carbon, hydrogen, silicon and oxygen. Disposed Casico cables can be incinerated to recover the energy potential (heat) contained in them.