We are committed to the well-being of society and preservation of the environment, while addressing the economic expectations of our shareholders.
We are a leading provider of sustainable, innovative and value creating plastics solutions and we conduct our business within the framework of our values, vision and mission, and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and industry standards. We focus on the performance, profitability and efficiency of our operations and enhance the contribution and development of our people. As a signatory of the Chemical Industry’s Responsible Care® Global Charter, we apply best practices and pursue continuous improvement.
In line with the three Pillars of Sustainability, we commit to:
People: Social Responsibility
• Pursuing a goal of no harm to people and society
• Contributing to solutions that deliver a positive and sustainable impact on people’s lives
• Promoting the health and welfare of our people and the communities where we operate
• Building diverse and multi-cultural human capabilities and creating opportunities for individual growth
• Fostering mutually beneficial partnerships and social initiatives within the industry and society
• Respecting and conforming to relevant social, cultural, legal and ethical aspects of society
Planet: Environmental Stewardship
• Addressing global challenges, such as climate change, water, food, energy, healthcare and waste, with innovative solutions
• Minimising discharges, waste and emissions, safeguarding biodiversity, enhancing energy performance and optimising the use of natural resources
• Ensuring that energy performance improvements are considered throughout the duration of the intended lifecycle of our assets
• Optimising the positive health, safety, environmental, energy and societal impacts of our plastics throughout their lifecycle
Profit: Economic Growth
• Maximising shareholder return throughout the value chain
• Enhancing the reputation of Borouge and the image of the plastics industry
• Ensuring that the design, operational and technical integrity of our assets are sustained
throughout their lifecycle
• Strengthening organisational resilience through the application of effective risk management,
security and emergency preparedness, and business continuity practices
• Advancing the development of local downstream industries, and science and engineering
• Optimising responsible global procurement and supply chain opportunities
Borouge Sustainability framework
Our commitment to this Sustainability Policy is demonstrated through visible leadership and
effective communication, a proactive sustainability performance culture supported by transparent
monitoring and reporting systems, and continuous investment in our people, innovation and assets.
We engage with all of our stakeholders and encourage them to commit to this Policy.
Click here .. to learn more about our